~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Drunk on books


Words Written: Angelika new scene and edits on partial and synopsis. I didn’t keep track fo wordcount, alas.
Writing Stats: Received contract for the She’s On Top anthology. Was interviewed for next month’s LARA (Los Angeles RWA) newsletter.
Exercise: walking


Sale! “Always a Bridesmaid” will appear in the Tough Girls anthology. I have a real spot of affection for this story, and I’m chuffed that it’s finally sold.

<>-<>-<>


Best Word of the Day yet:

“There are peple who read too much, bibliobibuli. I know some who are constantly drunk on books, as other men are drunk on whiskey or religion. They wander through this most diverting and stimulating of worlds in a haze, seeing nothing and hearing nothing.” (H.L. Mencken’s Notebook 71, 1956.

<>-<>-<>


If anyone would like a copy of the notes I took at the OCCRWA meeting (where Anna Genoese of Tor spoke), please e-mail me and I’d be happy to send them along.

---

Currently Reading: Seal Island, Kate Brallier
Lately Listened To: blowfish.com podcasts; Long Distance: The Best of Runrig, Runrig
Recently Watched: Bones

4 comments:

Lisa Silverthorne said...

Hi, Dayle, congrats on the recent antho sales!

Your blogspot is gorgeous!

I'd love to see your notes if you wouldn't mind sending them my way.

Thanks!

TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

Congrats on the sale! I've always loved that story and I'm thrilled it found a good home.

Jolie said...

Dayle,

Jolie du Pre is trying to reach you. Your story "Just Be" has been accepted for Iridescence. Please contact me as soon as possible.

jolie@joliedupre.com

Rob Vagle said...

I'm a wee bit behind, but congrats on the story sale!