People seem amused by these, so here's another. Plus it helps keep me focused.
Here's what I'd like to get done by the end of May (or, since my Production Schedule starts on Mondays, by June 3):
"Clap Your Hands" (dark mystery) due 5/31 to Fearful Symmetries
- untitled fantasy story for second Elemental Masters anthology due 7/1 – my proposal was accepted, so all that’s left is to write the story. I’d like to get it off my plate early; I know the editor would appreciate it!
- untitled SFF story for Penumbra – Revolution due 5/31 – if I have time—but I’m also waiting to hear if another story I’ve written will come free in time edit: The story came free, but I realized I'd be better off sending it to better-known, higher paying markets first. It would be nice if I had an idea for the anthology theme...!
- humorous SFF story for Unidentified Funny Objects 2 due 5/31 – they passed on the first story I sent but liked my writing, but at this point I have no ideas…
- direct-to-epub erotica – no due date; I’d just like to get more of these up
- two untitled erotica stories for anthology calls due 6/1 – I love the editors and would love to send them something, but these fall down the priority list for various reasons edit: Realized I could tweak an existing story for one of them, so that's tweaked and mailed!
Getting those written would mean I would have June for novels:
- Ghosted (urban fantasy as Dayle A. Dermatis) – This is a stalled, almost-finished project. It would be groovy to finish it in the first week of June. edit: in the process of printing it out.
- Possessed, Undressed, and in a Mess (spicy romance as Sophie Mouette) –
This one’s more than half finished; Teresa and I started it eons ago, before
our lives both went insane with other projects. Ideally, I’d love to get this done in June,
but I'm waiting to hear about Teresa's schedule.edit: We've scheduled a phone confab after she gets back from vacation, with a rough draft due date of mid-July.
- added: "Under a Double Rainbow" (Sophie Mouette) –
Teresa and I decided to get another long-ish (8K) short story out before we published Cat Scratch Fever. Edited, ebook designed, need to upload.Next month I'll put this and "Catalyst" out as cute little PODs as well. Cat Scratch Fever (Sophie Mouette) – Proof copy of the POD is in hand. I need to input all changes into the POD and ebook, publish the ebook, and then publish the ebook What Beck’ning Ghost – finish interior design, write the back cover blurb/finish designing the back cover, upload ebook, upload files for proof
freelance job, fantasy – finishing it up today freelance job, mystery – received, would like to finish by first week of June edit: In progress and on track!
Possessed, Undressed, and in a Mess (see above) – I’ve got 4-5 more chapters to read through before Teresa and I can have a plotting/planning session.
- Blackwood House, gothic romance as Dayle Ivy – doing a final readthrough to add a small element throughout. It’s been copyedited, so after this, it’ll be ready for design.
- Out of the Frying Pan –
ping copyeditor re: schedule,contact the artist of the potential cover art
- A Little Night Music –
ping cover designer with ideas and artwork;write letter for artwork permission
- A variety of fiddly website and online stuff