Tuesday, October 12, 2010
- another Forever Twelve Taking Forever CD, since I gave my last one away
- three small drop spindle ornaments for gifts
- one hand-blown glass muller decorated with Caidan crosses, to use as a kumihimo weight
- two iced mochas (couldn’t finish the second one—so yummy, but so much sugar!)
- one custom dinner plate bearing a Welsh dragon (on order), to go with the cup I bought last year and the matching custom pitcher Ken surprised me with for Yule. Next year I’ll commission the bowl. And then maybe the cute littler bowl. And then…
- half of a Gothic chandelier (Morgana and Brian bought the other half. It’s to use in the Shire pavilion, where we hang out at wars)
- one small pennanular brooch. And the merchant selling them closed up before I got there to buy a replacement. Dammit.
- phone & earbud (although not really – the little bag they were in had fallen into my bag of handworking projects – it’s just that I didn’t discover they were gone until we were back at the hotel, and then I fretted all night)
- one handmade amber and pearl earring. Dammit.
- hand-crocheted purple capelet with silver heart-shaped pin (I dropped it one night whilst wandering around – and thankfully I retraced my steps and found it)
- one bone button – turned in to Lost & Found
- wonderful friends I hadn’t seen in far too long!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Ken’s coming home! Squee! He’s been working in Dallas (in case I haven’t mentioned that before), but when he went into the fab today, there was nothing he could do until other people did other stuff, and that won’t be done ‘til next week, so he booked some flights… Even better, he’s coming to Oregon with me!
The only downside is that his flight is currently delayed. And I just realized I have to clean off his side of the desk (I tend to pile projects there while he’s gone…)