~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Sunday, January 21, 2007

It's all good, really

Words Written: OOTFP ~1000 words; LustBites article, 600 words
Writing Stats: Sent out some stories
Exercise: yes ;-)

So on Thursday, I was mentally composing a journal entry to be titled “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.” I’m not sure what the Ugly was to have been—probably something about my pantyhose falling down and why hadn’t I just worn stockings? The rest of it was going to be something like this:

The Bad: The conflict in the jury room is stressing me out.
The Good: I’ve written 500 words/day during our lunch break.

The Bad: I got a flat tire on the way home.
The Good: I was at the grocery store a mile from home, and Brian came and was my knight in shining sweatpants (which, incidentally, is a phrase I’d used in the novel that very day).

The Bad: I’d had a headache all afternoon.
The Good: I had a two-hour massage scheduled that evening.

The Bad: Our TV had died on Monday. (It had been occasionally acting weird, but we didn’t think it was going to bite the big one nearly that soon.)
The Good: Within minutes of my posting the need for a TV to borrow on the local SCA list, Kelvin said he had one to loan me.

But then I got home, and all that went by the wayside. I checked e-mail, and saw something from United, that started with a notice in red that although my reservation had been confirmed, something hadn’t gone through, and I needed to contact them within 24 hours… I thought it was regarding my flight to Seattle in May for a novel workshop. Then I saw Ken’s name on it. Okay, it must be his flight to Illinois.

Then I saw Thursday’s date.


Ken was coming home! Turns out he’d intended to surprise me (calling from Oxnard Airport, I assume) but he’d forgotten that his United account is set up to cc: me on any itineraries. Still, it was a surprise, and a wonderful one at that.

So a few hours later, after an awesome massage, Morgana kindly drove me to the airport (I shouldn’t drive at night, plus I had the donut spare on the car) to collect my beloved.

Friday, we went out on my lunch break, and he also got a new tire on the car. That night we took Morgana and Brian out to dinner to thank them for saving me twice. Then we did a bit of research on the Internet, hied ourselves to Circuit City, and bought a new TV. (A 32-inch flat screen, replacing a 36-inch curved screen that was a little too big for our media room anyway.)

Saturday morning I had a headache—ugh—so we were mellow around the house. In the afternoon we test rode a couple of motorcycles (BMW GT and RT) and confirmed that yes, the GT is what Ken wanted, so he put a deposit down on one. We were also going to test drive some cars (more on that in a later post), but it was getting late by that point, so we went to the Mongolian BBQ, then came home and did some computer work before watching a bit of TV and going to bed early…

He had to leave early this evening, but we got a little work done around the house and whatnot before that. Since then, I’ve been writing and working and generally getting some things done that fell by the wayside. I absolutely must finish working on chapters 4 and 5 of OOTFP and get them to Teresa tomorrow! And then I have three anthology stories to write before the end of the month, and Chris Y’s YA novel to critique….


Currently Reading: The Changeling: Book Two of the Fey, Kristine Kathryn Rusch; Everyday Sacred: A Woman’s Journey Home, Sue Bender
Lately Listened To: random pop on iTunes
Recently Watched: CSI: NY

No comments: