~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Saturday, May 03, 2008

On the coast again


So I’m happily and safely here on the Oregon Coast again, this time for a workshop on marketing and agents and synopses and all that fun stuff. We’ll be doing this for a week. You won’t hear much from me this week, though, because not only am I having trouble getting decent wireless in my room (I’m in kitschy cabin #5, and there will be pictures), but also because Kris & Dean have laid down the law:

First rule of Workshop: You don’t blog about Workshop.

I’m still frantically trying to finish one of the assignments we were given ahead of time, and I also need to hammer out a short story today… An editor I’ve worked with before is doing a sequel to an anthology I was in, and asked for stories on the theme ASAP to include in the proposal to the publisher. I don’t know if turning in the story tonight will be too late (I got her e-mail either late Thursday night or Friday morning, and she hasn’t responded to my query), but I figure, better to go ahead and write the story.

It’s 1 p.m. now. Dinner (optional, but I’ll be there) is at 5 p.m.; the workshop starts at 7 p.m. I have an assigment, a story, and a walk to the beach to add in there…

Later…Assignment done. Dinner greatly enjoyed. More work to do now. Kthnxbai.

2 comments:

Kathleen Oxley said...

Good luck with the workshop and getting everything done!!

malvoisine said...

Hope you are learning lots, getting a lot done & maybe squeezing in some fun.....