I’m still tired, still trying to get caught up, but things are going quite well overall.
1. Eostre seems to be fine. She was suffering from either sheer cussedness (which should come as no surprise to anyone who’s met her), a new allergy to Clavamox, or a combination thereof. When we took her off the Clavamox, she started eating regularly and not barfing, so tomorrow we’ll pick up a new antibiotic for her and hope for the best. And it took only about $600 for us to figure that out on our own… Thank you to everyone who thought good thoughts for her!
2. I had a short story due that just wasn’t getting done due to my fretting over Eostre, but the editor was incredibly kind and gave me a grace period. The story’s in as of last night, and I think it’s pretty damn good, for all the fits it gave me.
3. Thank you, America. ‘Nuff said.
4. I had a great massage tonight. Tequila was consumed throughout. Am now v relaxed.
5. Am I a total, utter geek in befriending most of the TAPS investigators on MySpace? I thought so. And I’m quite content with that.
6. “End of Season” has been accepted for the MILF 2 anthology! Haven’t seen the contract or been paid, though, so I can’t call this a true “sale” yet. But still!
7. Also had a preliminary “we love this story and will let you know for sure after all the stories are in” e-mail for a Sophie story—one that Teresa and I wrote back in 2002. Score!
Okay. More soon (including, possibly a flurry of older posts that are all currently in a state of disarray and unfinishment*), but that should hold ya’ll for now!
*Not a word, but it should be.