~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Epiphanated


Well, I kind of bailed on Saturday’s goals, but I’ve been reasonable productive overall. Here’s a brief update.

I’ve gone to CB&TL several times with my writer-friend Ellenie, and we were most productive. I’ve fallen a little behind today, due to working on other things, but the night isn’t over yet… Ghosted is slowly moving forward, and Teresa and I are almost ready for the online workshop we’re teaching this weekend.

Got a rejection today from Paradox for “Berengere.” It’ll go back out soon, along with a couple of other stories I was waiting to send until this month when markets opened back up.

Finally got to the gym today, and did cardio and the back machine. Dude, they have a Trivial Pursuit game on TV now! I could’ve done an hour of cardio instead of half an hour! But I knew better than to overdo it. Still, I know when to time my workouts now. :-) My massage therapist and I are each other’s workout cheerleaders now, via e-mail (and our twice-monthly sessions). We each have free rein to harangue and humiliate the other if we don’t meet our weekly goals…

We did a big grocery shopping today, our first since the holiday traveling, finally replacing a lot of items we’ve been out of. That will ideally keep us from eating pizza several times a week. ::whistles innocently::

We also cleaned the sewing room today, so now the cutting table is free of piled junk and we can get to work on our Italians for Black Oak Lodge. I’d like to get my corset cut out tomorrow.

I’m almost done with my holiday thank-you notes, and still need to talk about Yule (and Thanksgiving, come to think of it!) here.

I’m mostly done with the Shire’s newsletter, although I’m still waiting for some information before I can wrap it up. I feel bad that it’s late (and, in truth, there may not be a January newsletter at all, depending on how things suss out), but I know it’s not because of anything under my control.

We’ve been watching some fun shows, including Long Way Down, the documentary following Ewan MacGregor and Charlie Boorman on a motorcycle trip from John O’Groats, Scotland, to Capetown, South Africa; and season two of Alias. Much amusement is being had by all.

---

Currently Reading: Thirteen Orphans, Jane Linskold; Martha Stewart Living (I got a free subscription); Romance Writers’ Report
Lately Listened To: WRDH (Radio in Dayle’s Head)
Recently Watched: Long Way Down; Alias

No comments: