~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Friday, February 01, 2013

Reading is sexy


You know what’s coming up? Well, yes, today is Imbolc/Candlemas/Gŵyl Fair y Canhwyllau (bless you), but in two weeks, we’ve also got Valentine’s Day.

Yeah, yeah, it’s a commercial holiday and we should show our beloveds the same attention every day, etc. But I confess, I like an excuse to be extra-romantic. And what’s more romantic than books?

(You knew I was going there, so don’t pretend to be surprised.)

This year I have print books for sale as well as electronic editions – books you can tuck under your lover’s pillow or wrap up in white paper with a glittery bow and red lipstick-print kisses all over it.

“Braceleted” is pretty sexy, but it’s also a delightful little small-town romance. It’s a long short story, so it’s only $5.99, and you could put it in a gift bag with some furry red handcuffs and Nag Champa incense and chocolate, because what’s Valentine’s Day without chocolate? Get a big honkin’ heart-shaped one. Gods knows that worked on me once.

Give In: Stories of Erotic Submission is a collection with a harder edge, but while it’s BDSM erotica, most of the stories are kinda romantic, because I’m a romantic kinda girl.

Speaking of girls, you could also check out Kiss Me Hello: Lesbian Erotic Romance, because, well, romance!

Although it’s not a romance per se, the hero in Waking the Witch (a gothic novel), but the hero’s interactions with the heroine are crucial to her journey, so…. I have two other gothics coming out that are romances, but they’re just not going to be ready by V-Day. Maybe this one will tide you over?

If you – or your intended giftee – is into fantasy/science fiction, my collection Written on the Coast has a few stories that could be considered romantic, too. It’s just not the theme of the collection.

I’m new to this print book thing, so I don’t have a lot of copies on hand and I’m not sure how long it would take to get more, so if you want a signed copy, I’d say tell me right now if you want it by Valentine’s Day!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled spring festival of your choice.


No comments: