~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Friday, March 08, 2013

On the road again (almost)


Hey, remember when I said we’d start heading home Thursday night. Hahaha! It’s now 5:50 pm on Friday and Ken’s got the bikes on the trailer and is packing up the rest of our stuff. I’m guessing we won’t make it to Redding tonight. But that’s okay. We’ll get a ways down the road, and tomorrow will be a long-ish day, but I love road-tripping with him and we’ll be home late tomorrow and have kittays to cuddle. I miss my kittays. A neighborhood cat was in Ernie and Pauline’s backyard earlier today and entirely resisted my attempts to molest it.

It’s been a productive few days here. Ken’s been hard at work on the bike with his friend Ernie, and I’ve been hard at work on writing and business stuff. Finished one story and sent it to a first reader, and beta-read a story for her. Conferred with an editor about edits to an accepted story. I’m 2300 words into yet another story. I’ve handled a lot of work email, including prepping for next week’s design binge (two freelance jobs).

And we’ve had a lovely time with Ernie and Pauline, even if I’ve been a bit antisocial what with my hiding in the bedroom and writing. I’ve emerged for supper and a little TV watching (and when we discovered they’d never seen Love Actually, we had to watch that!), and I did manage one lunch out with them. But work is work, you know? These damn deadlines, they never go away! (Oh, yeah, most of them are self-imposed. Man, I really have a boss with a lot of expectations….)

Also, someone has offered to do something very, very wonderful for me, in the spirit of pay-it-forward and karma for the tribe. I can’t say more, but I wanted to mention it here, because I’m stunned to the point of waving my hands around trying not to cry. Thank you. You know who you are. Thank you so much.

No comments: