In the spirit of getting back to eating healthy, we (okay, mostly me) made a meal plan for the week and a shopping list that includes going to five different places (farmer’s market, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods or Lassens [unless someone can suggest a better place for bulk dried beans], Costco, and the Asian market).
Since it’s been hot and dry during the day but a bit chilly at night, we’re looking at salads for lunch and warmer meals for supper.
On tap for the week:
- Chinese chicken salad (found some good cabbages at the farmer’s market!)
- miso soup (hence the Asian market—making it from scratch!)
- quinoa salad (quinoa plus veggies) with creamy balsamic dressing
- Mediterranean orzo salad
- wraps (whole wheat olive oil wraps + hummus + veggies + feta)
- white bean and kielbasa soup (found a great turkey kielbasa at TJ’s)
- chicken piccata (Clean Eating recipe, so a bit lighter than the usual)
- whole wheat pasta w/red sauce (already made/homemade) and turkey/spinach meatballs (homemade)
We hit the farmer’s market and TJ’s today; tomorrow we’ll do Whole Foods and Costco. The Asian market is within walking distance, so that’ll be easy.
What’s on your menu this week? Any healthy recipes to share?