~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Plans for Today

I’ve been out of town for two weeks—mostly family stuff, but I capped it off with a stellar Styx concert in Las Vegas, which helped me let go of the stress of the rest of the trip.

I did get some work done on the trip, which was essential, because I have a bunch of deadlines, both outside ones (anthologies, etc.) as well as my own. I think I wrote up a blog post about that, but haven’t had the chance to post it. I have a slew of half-finished blog posts, really.

But, the first few days home are always extra-stuffed full of Things to Do (do all the things!), so instead of finishing up those blog posts, which are not under deadline, I’m going to post today’s To Do list.

Which probably means you’ll all get bored and never read my blog again. But come back soon! because I swear there will be more content about things like the comp copies that just hit my desk, and my plans for the year, and all the random tweets I wrote down when I had no Internet access.

Work
  • Write 2K or more on anthology story (due Sunday) Eked out only a few words, but did some research and notes, so I'll fire on it tomorrow
  • Write on other story Ack, no
  • Copyeding: short story job
  • Copyediting: start new novel job tomorrow
  • Email. Holy moly, the email Did the crucial first half
  • Watch videos for online workshop Watched the first half
  • Start designing cover for online workshop Ended up designing three covers in a series, hah!

Home
  • Make creamy chicken pesto pasta for supper
  • Make mac and cheese to freeze
  • Prep slow cooker chicken curry for tomorrow (if needed)
  • Make brown rice (I make a double batch and eat it throughout the week)
  • Enter last two week’s receipts into Quicken
  • Pay bills
  • Unpack all the things

Already Done
  • Walked to pharmacy and grocery with Ken
  • Talked to my sister
  • Made breakfast and lunch
  • Made To Do list
Okay, so not my greatest showing, but not bad, either. Tomorrow is another day!


No comments: