~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Progressions


Words Written: ALNM 927
Writing Stats: Received payment from Escape Pod for the forthcoming podcast of “What Dragons Prefer.” Received payment from two of the three anthology stories mentioned in the last post (odd). Two sales, one rejection (see below). Submitted three stories and one novel proposal. Followed up on six overdue stories.
Exercise: stretching, yoga

Two sales! Remember those stories that I (and Teresa and I) wrote in less than a day last week? Sold both of ‘em. Mine will be under a pseudonym because I already have another story in the anthology.

And, alas, a rejection. Although the Sophie story “Busted” made it to the finals of Best Lesbian Erotica 2007, it didn’t make the final cut. But, we did sell it to another anthology as well, so that takes some of the sting out of it.

The complete “four cups” review of Cat Scratch Fever is now up at CoffeeTimesRomance. Check it out!

And, Lovesromancesandmore.com says "Cat Scratch Fever is an erotic romance that starts with a bang and keeps pumping and grinding until the end.... The plot was intriguing and filled with enough sex to keep readers panting."

Deep breath. The Waking the Witch proposal goes out to an editor and an agent tomorrow. I’m still not sure it’s ready, but there’s a point where I had to stop staring at it. And stop re-reading the critiques. I still have a nagging fear that the problem is that there’s something not clear in the synopsis or the early chapters, because several critiques have seemed to involve a misunderstanding of some of the facts. But, if I can get a look from people on the strength of the writing, it’s a step further. The rest of the book needs a strong pass, but I have a couple other things to deal with first (ALNM and DFL, primarily). And I’m sure if an agent or editor asks for the full book, the panic of a deadline will force me to do all the revisions in a couple days so I can fire it right off.

<>-<>-<>


I howled over Star Trek inspirational posters. I am such a geek.

<>-<>-<>


I had a fabulous lunch with the fabulous Jenn today. She works in Thousand Oaks, so we met at Roma Deli (mmmm, Roma Deli!). It was one of those great conversations where you’re both tumbling over the words because you have so much to talk about. I hope it’s the first of many lunches with her.

---

Currently Reading: Widdershins, Charles de Lint
Lately Listened To: Mighty Rearranger, Robert Plant; Celtic Music Live From Mountain Stage
Recently Watched: Lost, Without a Trace, Eureka

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time at lunch, too. Congrats on all the fabulous sales!

cavalaxis said...

Nora better watch her back. Look at you go!

Roma's right across the street from where I work. ;)

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Jenn--thanks!

Lynn--You work right there, and yet you've never invited me to lunch...! ;-P