~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Friday, April 25, 2008

Endorphins!


Endorphins!

Sorry, I just got my tattoo worked on, so I'm buzzing. (Actually, since it was an hour's drive home, I'm starting to come down, but not entirely.) I finally got the phases of the moon around my right ankle, hanging down like charms from the Celtic knotwork band I had done for my 30th birthday. One of the reasons it took me so long to get them done is I didn't know how I wanted them connected to the band. The tattoo artist (Pat Fish of Lucky Fish Tattoo—she's fabulous!) suggested dots. I was curious to see how that would look, so she drew them on. Ohhhh! She meant gradiated dots, getting bigger as they go down. Perfect! And the spiral she put in the new moon (in the front) is just perfect.

Damn. Now I want more.  ::scurries off to start plotting and planning::

Pictures will be taken and posted once the redness has gone down.

7 comments:

TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

Nice...can't wait to see pictures. Hope you enjoyed the endorphin rush.

Kathleen Oxley said...

Excellent - can't wait to see pics!!

I agree, it is addictive. I still only have one (which I've had for 10 years), but only b/c I haven't come up with something else I want forever. But, as soon as I do, I'm there!

malvoisine said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. Simon loved her website. He wants to get his old Celtic cross covered with new work. So now, gotta figure out a way to get down there for a weekend!

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Kathleen, I totally understand coming up with the right designs. The first one took me two years...although the new one is essentially finishing the first one--which I got 12 years ago! I was trying to come up with the exact thing I wanted.

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Julie, isn't her work fabulous! I'd absolutely recommend her to Simon. What does he want instead of the cross? And why isn't the cross working for him anymore (if I can ask)?

malvoisine said...

Unfortunately, his skin did not take the ink well and the guy used too busy a design in too small a scale - the design has blurred over time and the color has faded and basically, he thinks it looks like a home done prison tattoo! (it's turned that funky greenish color....). He wants to get a bigger, bolder Celtic cross on top of it. Mine has blurred too, but not as bad as his.....

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Blurring is definitely something to keep in mind when designing a tattoo. Pat noted that if the spiral in my new moon blurs over time, I can just get it filled in.

It's the other reason I personally don't like colored tattoos—to my eye, they look muddy and fade quickly. Even though my Celtic band has faded, because it was just black ink, it simply looks grey now. (And, interestingly, it looks like a part of me, as opposed to the new pieces, which look like they're sitting on top of my skin. That's part of the healing process, though.)

Of course, Pat has some utterly gorgeous examples of colored tattoos that she makes me want to change my mind!

Hope you guys can visit soon! :-)