~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sah-weet!

I’ve been thinking ahead to my birthday weekend. Todd Sucherman of Styx is playing with his usual bar band in Huntington Beach on Friday and Saturday nights, so I thought it would be fun to get a nice hotel or B&B in the area and stay Friday night, then go to the Aquarium of the Pacific and have tea at The Tudor House. But at the same time, we’re paying attention to money so I didn’t want to go overboard on the hotel stay.

I just discovered The Queen Mary is having a special deal that includes a room, tickets to their Ghosts and Legends show (The Queen Mary is massively haunted), reduced-price tickets to the Aquarium of the Pacific, tickets to the LA Zoo, tickets to the San Diego Wild Animal Park, a discount coupon book for San Diego hotels, and more.

Score! *\o/*

We’ll head home Saturday night, of course, because Sunday we grab Morgana and Brian and go to see meerkats! It’s going to be an amazing weekend!

But now, back to work. ::hunkers down::

3 comments:

TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

That sounds like a great birthday plan! Have a blast.

I'm still waiting to find out what my b'day adventure will be. Threw out a few options to the man and will leave it up to him.

Angell said...

That sounds so exciting and fabulous! I'd say enjoy, but we all know you will.

Give us details when you get back.

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Ken's been so busy dealing with the arrangements for his 95-year-old grandmother (and dealing with the attendant family drama)--on top of co-stewarding the event--that I can't really ask him to plan my birthday weekend, too. Besides, we don't know how long he'll be in Arkansas, so it makes more sense for me to handle the details.

I plan to have a most marvelous time!