~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Thursday, April 30, 2009

On and off

I’m soon off to Arkansas on Saturday for a madcap 3-day trip to attend Ken’s grandmother’s 95th birthday party. (Go Grandma!) Ken is already on his way there, in my car, no less. We have a bunch of stuff to bring home—Ken and his dad moved Grandma into a home last month (her choice, and she’s really happy there, yay!), and we’re acquiring some silver, crystal, china tea cups (yeah, like we need more tea cups…but it’ll be so cool to mix hers with my grandmother’s, you know?), that sort of thing. The original plan had been for Ken and I to drove out together, but because Grimoire needs subcutaneous fluids on a regular basis (every day is recommended, but skipping a day or two is okay), I couldn’t take the time.  :-(  Would've been fun.

On top of that, there’s a rally in Arkansas this weekend, so Ken’s bike is actually on a trailer that he and his dad are pulling behind my car. I get to attend the awards banquet with Ken on Sunday morning. Fingers crossed that he wins!

Meanwhile, Part II of Being an Adult Sucks: Our friend Donna was in town, and we so wanted to see her, but there was no way we could pull it off on Monday because on Tuesday, we had to deliver my car to Ken’s dad’s—2 hours away. (I would drive the car, Ken would ride the bike, and we’d ride the bike home together, after which he would head back out to his dad’s, running some errands along the way.) I couldn’t take Monday evening off if I was going to lose 4–5 work hours on Tuesday.

Sigh. As it turned out, it was a good call, because we were gone pretty much all day Tuesday. We hit traffic on the way out, so much so that all the errands Ken had to run wouldn’t be possible in the order he’d planned. So he had to run them in the opposite direction; i.e., on the way home. On the plus side, I had a yummy gyro for lunch and Ken picked up Baja Fresh for dinner, and I got to have dinner with him. On the negative side, he left soon after dinner.

I’m still bummed I didn’t get to see Donna (and Gillian, and Jen, and everyone else…).

Meanwhile…I don’t know. Just trying to keep up with everything. Morgana and I are walking, I’m hitting the gym, The Oak Leaf May issue is in progress, and story sales and rejections continue apace. I’d like to finish the OOTFP subs before I leave, too. We shall see.

Onwards!

1 comment:

TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

I didn't get to this until too late, but I hope you have a good trip.