Cassidy, our holistic health coach (hi! We’re Californians!), challenged me today to keep a Done List. Not a To Do list (we’re working on how to suss that out), but a list of what I did today. Because I have a bad habit of ending the day with “crap, I didn’t do shit today,” when in fact I did a lot. Especially given the stresses I’m dealing with right now.
So. I didn’t write them down when I did them (some were before our meeting), but here’s what I remember:
- showered both of us (Ken’s right hand has to be taped up in a bag, etc.)
- took Ken to lunch at Baja Fresh
- bought a pirate hook for Ken for Pirate Tourney tomorrow at the party supply story, a new scale at Bed Bath & Beyond, and an accordion file at Staples for this year’s taxes
- chiro appts for both of us. I’m seriously messed up. The area above my right collarbone is all swollen. WTF?
- met with Cassidy
- went grocery shopping
- put away laundry
- assembled pirate outfits for both of us for tomorrow (Ken assisted)
- sewed lace thingies for my pirate boots (I felt like Ken: let’s wait ‘til the night before an annual event and redo my garb!)
- made dinner (leftover pork chop dish for Ken, whole grain pasta and sauce for me)
- made coleslaw and a pasta dish for the potluck tomorrow (Ken assisted), and printed out ingredients lists
- did dishes
- watched Haven and half of Deadliest Warriors (featuring our SCA friend Virginia!) with Ken
- answered a few emails
The problems here? 1. I didn’t get any work done (save for reading a few emails). 2. I still feel like I didn’t get nearly enough done today. Tons of “to do” things languishing…and it’s just after midnight and I have to get up at 7 am for the event. At which I’m running Gate, because the Exchequer is running Lists, because the Listmistress won’t be there.
My desk is a mess.
I’m going to bed.