~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ohfercryinoutloud

Our “new” (less than 5 years old) multiregion VCR suddenly has no power. The TV is routed through this VCR. Which means w/out power, I can’t tune the VCR to the right channel, which means I have no TV.

Let’s recap:

Ken is away.

I have a sprained ankle and can’t easily go anywhere/visit anyone (e.g., no LARA meeting and no party at Gillian's today, woe is me).

I have no TV.

Now, I don’t watch all that much TV, but I was looking forward to watching the final season of Monarch of the Glen while Ken was gone, and it’s nice to have the opportunity to just veg in front of the box once in a while during a long day of being sadly alone.

Thankfully, I have a metric ton of books in my TBR bookcase, and I’m already hammering through them (I read the entirety of Natasha Mostert’s The Midnight Side today, which for some reason makes the chorus of Motley Crüe’s “The Wild Side” get stuck in my head), but when I have a headache (which I did yesterday and which I’m suddenly having again now at 10:30 p.m.), reading can be painful.

Yargh.

<>-<>-<>

I did some research for my Denise Little Workshop story today, but I have an idea, but no story (i.e., no character, no plot). And the myth/legend I’ve chosen doesn’t entirely make sense. I’m going to instruct my subconscious to work on it while I’m asleep tonight.

<>-<>-<>

Okay, this is entirely freaking me out. Two small planes collided over a Los Angeles suburb today. Two planes ran into each other. Dudes, you’ve got the entire freakin’ sky to maneuver in. You’ve got vertical as well as horizontal. How could you not avoid each other? Really, I’m not trying to make light of the fact that people died, because that’s truly awful. I just cannot wrap my brain around how it could have happened.

<>-<>-<>

My ankle is being puffy and annoying, so I’m off to bed to elevate it….

---

Currently Reading: The Changeling, Delia Sherman (about to start)
Lately Listened To: the voices in my head
Recently Watched: laughs hollowly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the story! I hope to get started today and plan on writing it fast.

Hope the ankle is better, too!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're hobbling around. Hope you get better soon.

I'm also sorry I missed your book signing, especially since you finally did a local one. (This is me making a pouty face, followed by me cleaning coffee off of my keyboard because I can't make a pouty face and drink coffee at the same time).

Regarding your TV being down - why don't you watch your stuff on your laptop (assuming you're not writing on it at the moment)?

Have a good week,

Alia la rousse

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Thanks, Rob! Good luck with your story--I can't wait to read it! :-)

Alia, I'm sorry you couldn't make the book signing, too. Feel free to bring any of my books to a Shire meeting or whatever for me to sign, though! :-)

DVDs on the laptop...now, why didn't I think of that? Small screen + exceedingly bad eyesight = less than optimal viewing, but hey, it's better than nothing! At least I could see the end of Monarch of the Glen!