~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Monday, February 11, 2008

Check...check...check...

Yoish, busy and productive day!

  • The chiropractor adjusted my ankle. I was honestly terrified, expecting it to feel like when I sprained it, but it didn’t hurt at all. Afterwards, my ankle was so much looser! Alas, I did take a walk today (to the Post Office and library) and now it’s stiffened up again. Still definitely better, though.
  • I edited a story I finished last night (the evil story for the upcoming Denise Little workshop that had me so stressed I was nauseous!) and mailed it off. It’s…well, there’s a lot about it that I really like. There’s a lot I think might be weak. Bottom line is that I got it in on time, and let’s face it, we never really have a true sense of how good or bad our own work is, do we? Thanks to Sabrina for letting me babble about it yesterday at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and to Chris and Phaedra, who talked me down from the ledge last week, and to Ken for his expert and thorough proofreading.
  • I mailed all the proposals for Out of the Frying Pan except one, because my local Post Office no longer has International Reply Coupons, so I guess I have to go to the next-closest one tomorrow. Grr. They’re raising the rates again and yet their services are getting cut.
  • I mailed “Love Makes the Universe Go ‘Round” to Asimov’s.
  • I went through the publisher edits for “Some Old Lover’s Ghost,” edited the story, and sent it back.
  • I did some work on my new and improved website, hopefully to be unveiled by the end of the month.
  • Almost completely cleaned out my e-mail In Box—down to one e-mail!
  • I’ve started packing for our 5 days away. Say it with me again: Four Styx shows! And a LARA meeting and a writing-at-Lulu’s fest! And hanging out with lots of different friends!
---

Currently Reading: some ARC I picked up somewhere…
Lately Listened To: American Drag, American Drag
Recently Watched: Michael Palin’s New Europe, Alias

7 comments:

TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

Have a great Styx-immersion. I'm glad the chiro could help your ankle--and thank you again for mailing all those proposals!

Love from the East Coast, where it's painfully cold and my lungs are attempting to flee my body....

malvoisine said...

Hope you have fun at all your Styx shows (not really, I want you to be at Estrella hanging out with me, dammit). Be safe and be careful with the ankle....

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Margaret, I didn't know you were going to Estrella! I thought just Simon was! Sheez.

So I guess I should stop kicking myself for not deciding to go to the Styx show in Vegas on Sunday night, which would've meant we could've stayed with you guys...!

malvoisine said...

Yup, I'm going. I didn't follow up with you on it cuz you told me rather emphatically that it wasn't in your schedule. Staying with us is basically a pain in the ass now that we are on base. We have to sign you both in and get vehicle passes and all that, so it's not a ton of fun. But if you are willing to put up with all that crap, you are more than welcome. And no, don't kick yourself for not coming to Vegas - you've come to us twice & we haven't made it to you yet, you are off the hook1

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Well, yeah, the way I figure it, the members of Styx will die before Estrella stops being held, so I've gotta keep my priorities straight! LOL

As for visiting, we had to deal with base stuff when we all lived in Britain, so no biggie. Among friends, we don't keep track of who owes who a visit--we'd rather just see our friends! :-)

Angell said...

FIVE Styx shows??? I'm gonna cry....

*sniff sniff*

Say hey to the gang for me (assuming they remember who I am). And take LOTS of pics, and tell Ricky that we have to go for tequila when the boys are in town in April (assuming I can get tickets).....

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Er, no, four shows. Five days away, though, since Sunday is the LARA meeting and writing at Lulu's while Ken's at a bike thing.

HoB are really picky about pictures being taken--they threw Ken out once (let him back in after he took the camera to the car, though)--so Temecula will be our only chance for pics.

If I see Ricky, I'll say hi for you! :-)