- The chiropractor adjusted my ankle. I was honestly terrified, expecting it to feel like when I sprained it, but it didn’t hurt at all. Afterwards, my ankle was so much looser! Alas, I did take a walk today (to the Post Office and library) and now it’s stiffened up again. Still definitely better, though.
- I edited a story I finished last night (the evil story for the upcoming Denise Little workshop that had me so stressed I was nauseous!) and mailed it off. It’s…well, there’s a lot about it that I really like. There’s a lot I think might be weak. Bottom line is that I got it in on time, and let’s face it, we never really have a true sense of how good or bad our own work is, do we? Thanks to Sabrina for letting me babble about it yesterday at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and to Chris and Phaedra, who talked me down from the ledge last week, and to Ken for his expert and thorough proofreading.
- I mailed all the proposals for Out of the Frying Pan except one, because my local Post Office no longer has International Reply Coupons, so I guess I have to go to the next-closest one tomorrow. Grr. They’re raising the rates again and yet their services are getting cut.
- I mailed “Love Makes the Universe Go ‘Round” to Asimov’s.
- I went through the publisher edits for “Some Old Lover’s Ghost,” edited the story, and sent it back.
- I did some work on my new and improved website, hopefully to be unveiled by the end of the month.
- Almost completely cleaned out my e-mail In Box—down to one e-mail!
- I’ve started packing for our 5 days away. Say it with me again: Four Styx shows! And a LARA meeting and a writing-at-Lulu’s fest! And hanging out with lots of different friends!
Currently Reading: some ARC I picked up somewhere…
Lately Listened To: American Drag, American Drag
Recently Watched: Michael Palin’s New Europe, Alias