~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Name that child after youself, and I'll...I'll...!


We got in at about 2 a.m. and crashed last night. Sleep goooooood.

Today we went out and bought a scanner so I can continue scanning in all our family photos. Despite the small size of the town, this necessitated a trip to three stores (one of them twice) and two grocery stores (okay, not for the scanner, but that’s the way my mother shops. Neither store had good tea or Dr Pepper, though.). I spent the evening adding stuff to the genealogy program, which led to the discovery that on my mother’s side of the family, there are four Daniel Loewens in a row. After tearing my hair out in frustration, I announced that I was going to create a character named Daniel Loewen for the sole purpose of making him sterile so that he can’t name a son after himself.

1 comment:

malvoisine said...

I feel your pain - I have two sets of ancestors where a sister & a brother married a brother & a sister - so there's only three sets of grandparents! Also, have a woman who remarried and gave her 2nd set of children the same names as the first set and they were all alive! Boggles the mind....