~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

For the win!

Okay. We managed to rent a car for a not-hideous price for the next four days, so we don’t have to take the bike to Phoenix in 101° heat. Because the thought of that made me want to weep. We did consider going out at night (leaving in the evening, riding for a few hours, sleeping, riding in the early morning), but in the end, the cost of the car wasn’t much more than the cost of two nights’ motel (assuming we’d stop in both directions). This will also allow me to get some work done in the car. :-)

Ken arrived home yesterday while Morgana and I were on our walk, and had the U-Haul unloaded by the time I got back. We returned the truck and then went out to lunch at Fresh & Fabulous to celebrate their move from the small space in the historic Woolworth’s building annex into the large Woolworth building restaurant space. I hope they do well there. The ambiance is all wrong for their Saturday high teas, but if they’ve been doing well enough to support the move to a much bigger space, that’s fantastic! I had their potato-and-garlic soup and oh my gods it was good! and half a sandwich (turkey, muenster, avocado, and bacon on whole wheat ciabatta with pesto mayo, toasted), also nommy. Ken had pear and walnut salad with champagne dressing, which is funny, because they usually have a small portion of pear and walnut salad with the quiche course for high tea.

Then, um… I don’t remember. He was pretty wiped out. We watched a little TV, and he took a nap, and because we hadn’t gone grocery shopping, we ordered a pizza. Then we toddled off to sewing at Morgana’s, where I finished beading the third of four pieces of Italian sleeves and cut out a bunch of fabric to make into presentation bags. Now, to find people willing to cross-stitch a Caidan cross on one or two of them! :-)

Then it was a little more TV catching up (Castle!) and bed…

Today has been go-go-go, it feels. I had a chiro appt, came home briefly, then had lunch with my friend Janice. She’s someone I never really get around to hanging out with, so I suggested lunch, and we did, and we’ve already made another lunch date in two weeks (since next week’s a little busy for me). Suuuushi, nomnomnom!

Then I got home just in time to grab Ken and go get my blood drawn for some tests—I wanted him to drive me home on the off chance I felt wibby afterwards. They didn’t take much, though, so I was mostly fine, except that it was hot and I hadn’t had any tea yet today, so I was hitting an afternoon slump. We swung by the grocery store to pick up a few essentials an ingredients for supper tonight (sloppy joes with ground turkey, plus salad); we’ll have the leftovers on Saturday when we get home from Phoenix. Convenient, that.

Then I bribed Ken to take Eostre to the vet for her follow-up check on her lip (had to take her in for some granuloma last week), which meant I didn’t have to get in the un-air conditioned car again. (I’ve been borrowing Morgana and Brian’s second car while Ken had mine in AR, and up ‘til now the lack of air conditioning hasn’t been a huge issue…). In return for him taking her in, I said I’d make dinner and do all the dishes. Which I probably would’ve ended up doing anyway (or I would’ve cooked and he would’ve done most of the dishes, more likely). So I see this as a Win on my part! LOL


Currently Reading: Morrigan’s Cross, Nora Roberts
Lately Listened To: Styx & REO Speedwagon, “Can’t Stop Rockin’” single
Recently Watched: Dollhouse

No comments: