~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Runners/joggers: What music makes you gogogo?

Question for you fellow runner/jogger types (or, I suppose, anyone who works out in a bouncy fashion): What's your favorite workout music? Do you have a playlist and if so, what's on it?

I'm looking for some new tunes to add in to my playlist, just to shake things up a bit (and not hear the same songs every day). What do you recommend? No rap or hip-hop, please, and country will be a very hard sell. Bonus if the song's on iTunes.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours…in fact, I'll go first!

Dayle's Workout Playlist

Can't Get You out of My Head, Kylie Minogue
Dancing With Tears In My Eyes, Ultravox*
Everything, All the Time, Styx
Firework, Katy Perry (Best. Workout. Song. Ever.)**
Follow You, Glen Burtnik
Get the Party Started, P!nk
Girls, Girls, Girls, Mötley Crüe
Hooks in You, Marillion
I Don't Need No Doctor, Styx
I Drove All Night, Cyndi Lauper
I Kissed a Girl, Katy Perry
Intro/Blue Collar Man, Styx (a live bootleg. Sssh!)
Let’s Go Crazy, Prince
Life Is a Highway, Tom Cochrane
Love Is the Ritual, Styx
Love Like a Rocket, Bob Geldof*
Mr. PC, Rick Springfield
No Such Thing, Tommy Shaw*
Nowhere Fast, Fire Inc. (Streets of Fire soundtrack)
Pour Some Sugar On Me, Def Leppard
Renegade, Styx
Shake It Out, Florence + the Machine
Tall Cool One, Robert Plant
Welcome to the Jungle, Guns N' Roses
What the Water Gave Me, Florence + the Machine
What You Waiting For? Gwen Stefani
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record), Dead or Alive
1985, Bowling for Soup 
___
*These have been a part of my workout playlist since at least 1988. I remember having them on my running/workout cassette in my Walkman when I was in law school… The other ones I can remember are Heart’s “Magic Man” and “Crazy on You,” and Kate Bush’s “Cloudbusting” (perfect for an upslope on my daily 3-mile run).
**In fact, I sometimes listen to this one over and over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shake Me - Cinderella
Girls School - Brittany Fox
Girls With Guns - Tommy Shaw
Ooh Ah - Gina G

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Thanks, Anonymoose! Some really neat suggestions! :-)