~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sorting the mail

Apparently the end of August is “clean out your slush pile” time, because I’ve received a flurry of rejections over the past few days (sigh):

  • Multiple rejections from Best Lesbian Erotica 2008 because I’d sent a number of my own stories as well as Sophie stories. Oh well!
  • Rejection from Clockwork Phoenix for “Berengere.”
  • Rejection from Weird Tales for “Queen of Hearts, Hand of Fate”
  • Dark Regions passed on “Testing the Waters,” but asked if I had some shorter works (alas, I don’t have much in the way of dark fantasy or horror…).
  • IGMS may have rejected “Soulsearching,” the submission currently with them, but the e-mail says “Seeds of Hope,” which they rejected back in July. I’m following up.
  • Black Gate apologized for taking so long to pass on “Berengere,” citing a possible glitch.
  • Yellow form of promise from Realms of Fantasy for “Dreamseer.”
  • A pass on an anthology story, but the editor wants to know if another story (that she accepted for an anthology that never got published) is still available. It’s with another editor now, but I’m going to see if the two editors are cool with one version being a reprint.

Despite no acceptances, there were some exciting things in the mail:

  • Payment for “The Witch of Venice,” to appear in Screaming Orgasms and Sex on the Beach, plus a note from the editor saying that my story rocks. :-)
  • Payment for my half of “Stranger to my Shores,” which appeared in Love on the Dark Side.
  • Comp copies ofCrossdressing: Erotic Stories, containing “I Need a Man” (inspired in part by the Eurythmics song and Annie Lennox)
  • Comp copies of Best Lesbian Bondage Erotica, containing a reprint of one of my favorite stories, “Frozen.”

And this one has to be a separate paragraph, not part of the list, because it’s so cool! I received a comp copies of the German edition of Cat Scratch Fever! That’s the picture above. The German title translates to Sharp Claws, which I think is amusingly appropriate.

German edition! Squee bouncity!

No comments: