~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Diving into the wreck

So. After about a week or so of no writing, thanks to War prep and the War itself, I now have a nice full plate of projects. Which is good because after a week or so of no writing, I’m itching to dive in to something!

The projects this week include:

  • A winter-themed novella with Teresa. It’s due 10/21, but we’re shooting to have it done by 10/14. It’s been accepted on proposal, but we haven’t seen a contract yet, so I really can’t say much more about it except that it’s very spiffy! We brainstormed the basic outline today, and I’m to write the first part and send it to her tonight. Fun!
  • An outline of Teresa’s and my workshop proposal for the RWA 2008 National Conference. So many people asked us about how we collaborate at this year’s conference that we decided to do a workshop. The proposal is due 11/1, so we need to get started on this now. The first step is to make a list/outline of everything we’d want to cover.
  • A short story for an editor who’s pitching an anthology to Cleis Press. The first two stories they get will be included in the proposal. I don’t need to be first, but the challenge excites me.

Next week involves these:

  • Starting Designed for Love over with Sarah. She’s writing a new beginning, and we’ll go from there. Deadline is 12/31 because I want to hit the Beautiful Trophy Challenge and possibly the January Novel Workshop deadline.
  • A lesbian ghost story for an anthology, due 11/1.

And what about High Spirits, you ask? I want to finish up the RWA outline and the first short story by Friday, so I can get back to work on HS over the weekend and continue to work on it when DFL is on Sarah’s plate. Deadline is still 12/31, for the same reasons at DFL (the trophy, at least. I can’t take two novels to the Novel Workshop, so I’ll have to choose).

<>-<>-<>

Here’s a great writing quote I found recently:

“Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.” (E.L. Doctorow)

Yup. You just gotta trust that.

---

Currently Reading: R is for Ricochet, Sue Grafton
Lately Listened To: various Marillion
Recently Watched: Heroes

No comments: