~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's dangerous to be me sometimes

So tonight after dinner, we were finishing up the show we were watching (Pushing Daisies) when something onscreen made me think of mint chocolate chip ice cream. (I don’t think ice cream was actually onscreen, though. Work with me here.) So I said to Ken, “Oooh, mint chocolate chip ice cream!”

And we groaned, because there was no ice cream in the house. We contemplated walking to the store, but I’m resting my back today in the hopes of resuming the gym tomorrow. We continued on with our evening, both of us working on computers in the main office.

Then a journal I was reading sparked something in my brain.

“Oh no,” I said. “I’ve just had a very bad idea.”

“Oh?” Ken said. “Bad?”

Very bad.”

Because Ken can read my mind, he said, “Does it involve ice cream?”*

I sighed. “Brownies.”

Ken laughed. “We can put mint chocolate chip ice cream on brownies,” he noted, because he is a wise and sage man.

So he trotted off to the store for more eggs (because I’d use them up in the recipe) and Ghirardelli bittersweet morsels (a must for my brownie recipe) and, of course, mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I ate too much of the batter and felt a little wibbly, but the brownies were awesome. A tasty end to a kind of weird, unbalanced day.

---

Currently Reading: Family Honor, Robert P. Parker (about to start)
Lately Listened To: uh?
Recently Watched: Bionic Woman, Pushing Daisies, CSI: NY

*Most of you were expecting something sex-related, weren’t you? Psych!

No comments: