~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The end of an era (or, at least, a month)


Holy crap, March is almost over! And not a moment too soon, I say. I don’t know anybody who had a good March this year (although mine started picking up about halfway through).

I’m having my Sunday afternoon ritual at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I wasn’t going to get a drink, but when I walked in, the place was empty and I felt guilty… No idea if any of my other writer friends are going to show up, but that’s okay. It’s good to get out of the home office once in a while, you know? Ken helped me figure out the final thing that was bugging me about the story I’m working on, so I’ll finish it today.

A girl just sat down on the sofa near me wearing a long blue top with black polka dots and black plastic pearls and a big belt and black capri pants. Except for the fact that her belt is shoved up under her boobs, it’s an outfit straight out of the 80s. I’m pretty sure I wore it.

I think she would not appreciate me pointing out that fact.

I think I don’t want to think about the fact that I want to walk up to people and tell them I wore the same fashions 20 years ago.

---

Currently Reading: Tell Me What You See, Zoran Drvenkar
Lately Listened To: Mighty Rearranger, Robert Plant & the Strange Sensation
Recently Watched: Torchwood

2 comments:

Angell said...

I know what you mean. Last summer I was doing security at a concert and I asked the kid next to me when the hell leg warmers became hip and he said they were the LATEST fashion. I just about had a coronary when I resisted the temptation to scream to him - YAH, ABOUT TWENTY FREAKING YEARS AGO.

Sigh - we're getting older honey - and hopefully wiser.

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Wiser? Hard to say--I still love and miss a lot of those fashions!

A few months ago I saw a girl wearing ripped jeans with the holes held together with safety pins, and I had to be restrained from bouncing over to hear and squealing about how I wore those in the 80s. ;-D